Team-1,
We have a nice weekend ahead with great weather both Saturday and Sunday. The BOD decided to hold the launch on Sunday since Jay Calvert will be available to provide motors. The temperature will be in the low 70's during the day, but may be cool early, so dress in layers. Winds are from the North from 6 to 13 mph, so rockets will tend to come back to us! There will be lots of sun so don't forget the skin protection and sunglasses.
We will have our normal schedule of setup at 9am with flying from 10am to 5pm or earlier if we run out of motors! As usual, don't forget to bring your Tripoli card and cash for registration and motors. We should have a whole lot of LOC IVs ready for the drag race, so don't miss this one!
I hope to see you all there!
Norm Nazaroff, TRA04812
Prefect, Michigan Team-1
Team-1,
This Saturday is a washout and Sunday has a high rain probability and gusty winds predicted, so we are going to defer the launch to the next weekend.
Jay Calvert of Impulse-Buys.com is scheduled for another event next week, so if you need motors, please arrange delivery ahead of time. The Team-1 cert magazine is down to one H motor and two J motors, so we don't have a lot of backup there.
Update: Jay is available if the deferral goes to Sunday. Stay tuned for a launch status update on Wednesday.
Hope to see you next week!
Norm Nazaroff, TRA04812
Prefect, Michigan Team-1
Team-1,
Launch for August 15th is a GO. Saturday is looking good for a launch. Winds are less than 10 mph. There may be a storm in the afternoon, but we'll wait it out and launch more after it passes.